Tuesday 15 November 2011

Music Magazine - Thoughts & Planning

I have thought of many different names for my music magazine. The genre that I am going along with is the genre of 'Alternative Rock' 'Pop Punk' etc. I aim to do this by using a range of vibrant colours on the front cover which are seen as fun and eye catching. By making a magazine eye catching and appealing, it is more likely to encourage more people to buy it than if it was made using dark, bland colours. After coming up with various names such as 'LOUD!' and 'Rock - IT!', I decided that the name of my music magazine is going to be 'Live.LOUD!' Magazines that I wish to take inspiration from when creating my music magazine are magazines such as 'Kerrang!' and 'Rocksound' which is why I have chosen to anaylse these two magazines quite a lot. Both magazines feature bands which I would include in my magazine, if my magazine was a real magazine. Both magazines are quite popular with people who are interested in the bands that feature in the band. I want a colour scheme in my magazine which is bright and colourful, though I still want to include dark colours to contrast against them. The two colours that I wish to be the main two colours that I include are yellow and green, as I think that both colours work well together, and both emphasise each other as much as the other one does. The target audience of my magazine are going to be in the age range of 16 - 21, though if this was a real magazine being produced, I would probably include various articles in the magazine that are of interest to people older than 21. By doing this, it would mean expanding the target audience, but also it would increase the customer number whilst also making a profit. I aim to take images that reflect a 'fun' theme, as this is probably going to be more interesting to readers if an interesting article is also used with the images. By making a magazine interesting, and not boring, it will encourage readers to buy the magazine again, rather than moving onto a different magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment