Friday 21 October 2011

College Magazine - Photoshop Drafts


This is my first attempt of a draft on Photoshop for my college magazine. When thinking about the creation of my magazine, I decided to leave the background a plain and simple colour, so in future drafts, I would be able to experiment with various colours and decide the best choice of colour.

I need to mast the masthead more appealing to the target audience, and I plan on doing this by once again experimenting with various colour. Experimenting with the choice of fonts would also be helpful, as it would allow me to observe what colour goes best with the background colour of my choice etc.

I've added little informative text on the magazine cover, and this could be improved with more text been added, relating to college life.

The skyline I have used in this draft could be improved by making the text 'fit in' with the rest of the page, leaving as much white space as possible.



This is the second draft I have created of my college magazine. I have used a different photgraph as the main image, and I have done this on most of my other drafts, so I can see which photgraph looks better with various colours etc.

For this draft, my background colour of choice was black, as vibrant colours stand out from black. My choice of using a dark background colour, and using various shades of vibrant colours is that this is more likely to make the magazine more eye catching, and furthermore making it more appealing to the target audience.

I have added a 'screamer' to this cover, which is bright, and in a large, bold font, meaning that it is readable, and also eye catching to the reader.

Unlike my previous draft, I have added thumbnail images linking in with the information I have added to the cover. This is also a good way to be informative to the reader.


I have used a vibrant colour for the background colour, experimenting whether or not it would improve the front of the magazine, but I do not think it does. It's too bright, and doesn't particulary go with the theme of 'college'.

The skyline doesn't stand out to the readers like it is supposed to do - this could be improved with a change of font and colour, and also a change of colour of the background.






In this final draft, I have changed the colour once again, and decided that this is the colour that I am likely going to be using as part of my final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment